Education to Evolve Profitable Distribution
General Session Speakers
University of Innovative Distribution In-A-Day
Paul Reilly, President, Reilly Sales Training
"Coaching for Sales Success"
Tuesday, November 6, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Consider the following statistics:
- 56% of salespeople say they are not being coached the right way by their sales managers;
- 57% of salespeople want more coaching from their managers; and
- 60% of salespeople want better coaching from their sales managers.
In Coaching for Sales Success, we teach your members how to coach more effectively. The purpose of this one-day workshop is to teach sales leaders how to create the value-added sales culture. If salespeople report to you, your number one responsibility is to coach. Here are the topics covered in this one-day workshop:
- How to build and sustain the value-added movement
- Recruiting and selection
- Setting sales objectives
- Training and developing
- Compensation and motivation
- Coaching your sales team
At the end of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- List three ways to build and sustain the value-added movement;
- List three ideas for recruiting and selecting the right salespeople;
- Detail the SMARTER method for setting objectives;
- Create a training and development plan;
- Detail three ways to motivate the sales team; and
- List three ways to become a better coach.
When you embrace the value-added philosophy, build a sales management infrastructure around this go-to-market strategy, your company will compete aggressively and profitably by extracting more value from your team and your market.
Shawn Rhodes, Shoshin Consulting
"Pivot Point: Using Change Management to Drive Performance in Distribution and Manufacturing"
Wednesday, November 7, 9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
More details coming soon!
Paul Reilly, Reilly Sales Training
"Introduction to Value Added Selling"
Wednesday, November 7, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Value-Added Selling is a content-rich message of hope: You can compete aggressively and outsell the competition while maintaining your profitability. The theme of this customer-oriented philosophy is Add value, not cost; sell value, not price. Value-added salespeople are more focused on making a difference than just making a deal. They know that a cheap price is not the only way to compete—they compete with their total value-added solution. This is a conceptual and strategic overview of Value-Added Selling. The purpose of this session is to sell the group on the value-added philosophy and gain their full commitment for implementing this strategy. Here are the topics covered:
- Introduction to Value-Added Selling
- The value-added philosophy
- How to define value
- Latest Value-Added Selling trends, research, and insight
- The profit impact of value-added
- The three dimensions of value
- Introduction to the Critical Buying Path®
- The Value-Added Sales Process®
- How to sell the value-added solution
At the end of this module, your members will be able to:
When your members embrace the value-added message, they will compete aggressively on the total value of their solution. Your members will adopt a unifying philosophy and proactively take control of that sales conversation and guide it down a path of value.
Brian Beaulieu, CEO, ITR Economics
Thursday, November 8, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
More information coming soon!
"How to Triple Your Online Sales and Leads"
Wednesday, November 7, 2:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Is your Website a lead generation and sales machine? Your Website should be your most powerful marketing tool — delivering a steady stream of new business filling your sales pipeline. Unfortunately, most B2B companies don’t optimize their Websites for online sales and lead generation — offering nothing more than a passive online catalog or brochure.
This powerful presentation will make online marketing understandable and provide you with actionable tips, best practices, and strategies for transforming your Website into a powerful lead generation and sales machine. You will learn proven ways to:
- Sell more by marketing your knowledge
- Create a Website your prospects & customers will love
- Implement small Website fixes that pay off big
- Generate a steady stream of new business online
- Measure your online marketing success
Jason Bader, Managing Partner, The Distribution Team
"Gross Sales is for Vanity, Profit is for Sanity"
Wednesday, November 7, 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
As we walk around conventions and industry gatherings, we hear all sorts of commentary on top line revenues. Big sales and big numbers rule the cocktail hour, but where does the rubber really meet the road? We pay our bills and line our pockets with profit, not sales. If you are person responsible for setting pricing direction, this event is for you. In this session, we will talk about driving a culture of profit in your organization. It starts with educating the team about how money works and continues with proven margin enhancement strategies. From raising prices to reducing expenses, this session will give you the tools you need to unlock significant improvements in gross margin and ultimately net profit. Now let’s go hunt some cash.
- Teach employees how to become cash hunters
- Reduce expense without jeopardizing customer service
- Use data to discover gross margin opportunities
- Expand penetration in high net profit accounts